CHange of PLANS meet at THE Blue HOLE Campground in Wimberley , Tx.
Michael Railey email@example.com
The Gay Outdoor Club makes one to two trips a year to the Blue Hole campground
and Guadeloupe River float. This is one of our favorite trips. It meets all of
our needs; EASY Weekend, Fun Environment, Great People, facilities for RV's,
Tent Camping, Restaurants, exciting adventure, WONDERFUL swim hole. 2003 will
bring us into our Third year going to this place. Plan on joining us if you have
RV's, Tents, Car, campers, or are the HOTEL and B&B type. This trip is centrally
located in the Texas Hill country so we hope to see members from Houston,
Austin, San Antonio and Dallas all meet up for this adventure.
We leave at various times via Car pool and end up in
Texas at the Blue Hole Campground. The Blue Hole Campground has a 1.5 acre Artesian spring fed lake with
wonderful cypress and picnic areas. The weekend is mostly water, swimming, floating, eating and drinking (if you
like). Gruene Texas has the oldest dance hall in Texas and some great
well. There are showers and indoor toilet facilities at the campground. You don't
need to bring a shovel.
Blue Hole Campground
|Blue Hole Rd. Just of 3237,
Follow road between NEON sign(Baptist Church and Cemetary) Ignore no trespassing
signs into Blue Hole Club( enter) We will be camping near Bath house
Wimberley, TX Map
The Blue Hole is located in Wimberley , Texas.
Stress Rating: EASY.
Camping: Car Camping : Bring the chairs, coolers, air mattress, snacks, swimming suits, towels, hat, sun screen, bug spray, humor, etc etc etc.
Muster: Friday night at Blue Hole.
1. Friday (May 30) Leave various times - Car Pool? Friday, head to Wimberley Texas.
Once the Host knows who will be going, they can help coordinate car pools, etc.
2. Sat (May 31) 08:00am head to breakfast restaurant, just up the road.
3. Sat (May 31) 09:00am head to River Outfitters in Gruene ,Texas.
4. Sat (May 31) 10:00am Start floating river, taking pictures, and drinking beverages of choice. Very relaxing......
5. Sat (May 31) 02:00pm End of float head to BBQ shack on river for great Ribs.
6. Sat (May 31) 04:00pm Rest around campground, swim at the swimming hole, stroll around Wimberley, or whatever...
7. Sat (June 1) 07:00pm Head to Tex-Mex restaurant up the road. Details name??
, Who knows it's up the road...
8. Sat (May 31) 08:00am Head to Breakfast restaurant, just up the road.
9. Sun (June 1) 09:00am 2nd segment of floating. Today we do the shortened
10. Sun (June 1) 01:00pm Have lunch at a restaurant in New Braunsfels and then
head back to Dallas.
Maps: Note location of Blue Hole Campground, Look for Cemetery and Baptist Church (Bright LIGHTED sign) as you enter town,
follow road between church and cemetery to Blue Hole entrance.
I-35 South to past Austin, at Kyle, State road 150 to State road 3237 to State
road 183 to State Road 12 to Wimberley.
There are alternate ways to get there. The Campground is near the Historic
Center, close to the river. On the same road as the new "Biker Shop".
If you are planning to join us, please e-mail me with the following information:
1. Your name
2. Your e-mail address
3. Your home phone #
4. Your cell phone # (if you have one)
5. Let me know if you plan to car pool with others or just meet everyone at
the campground sometime Friday night. If you want to car pool, let me know if
you will be a willing driver (including the kind of car, SUV, or Van you have),
or if you will need to find a ride with someone else. I ask all those riding
with others to share the cost of the gas used driving to and from Wimberley. I
will do my best to help arrange the car pools based on what part of town you
live in AND the approximate time you plan to leave on Friday and return on
Once I know who will be joining us, I will send an e-mail to all the
participants giving everyone e-mail addresses and phone #'s so we can
coordinate car pools, leaving times on Friday, June 1st., and anything else
needed to be discussed.
Michael Railey, Trip Host,
You can also reach me at my Cell 469-387-2530 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org